5.01.2010

Good things for April

1 - I was already planning on going home for lunch, and then I did, and then my mom stopped by on her way home from visiting relatives.
2 - Fresh sausage for dinner. (seriously, the pig was killed earlier in the week, and the sausage was never frozen)
3 - The three of us went to the farmer's market, and the weather was perfect for it.
4 - Easter in Earlysville. Too much food. Jonah met his great-grandmother.
5 - I amused my co-workers with the mechanical bunny my parents gave Jonah for Easter.
6 - Chocolate frosted donut at a meeting far away, then lunch with a friend far away as well.
7 - Realized how totally unaffected I have been this allergy season. Thank you, Lord, for generic Flonase.
8 - Drove back from a meeting in Louisa through the countryside with the windows down.
9 - Visit from the Lesters!
10 - Unexpected visit from family, some of whom were meeting Jonah for the first time.
11 - Went for a 3-mile walk by the river! Beautiful weather, shade, sun, trees, flowers, water, and a midway milkshake from Hardee's. And no bee stings, despite numerous bees.
12 - Left work early to drive a bus in my new bus shirt with a name patch.
13 - Our first date after Jonah (Outback). Good steak. Happened to go home at the right time to catch the Dogwood Festival fireworks from the K-Mart parking lot.
14 - As I was getting on my bike to ride home for lunch, the Chinese-food delivery guy was getting in his car, and he said to me with a big smile and a thick Chinese accent, "You don't need no gasoline!"
15 - National High Five Day. Many high-fives given at work.
16 - Stayed home with Jonah in the morning, and there were no problems.
17 - My parents came, and the five of us toured the lovely Morven estate.
18 - Jonah was very cooperative during a long afternoon of garden tours. Probably because he got to meet Pinky beforehand.
19 - Jonah's first laugh! Caught on video, since I wasn't there! Also, we went downtown for dinner, and the place we tried to go was closed, but that was OK, because we got to walk down the Mall and I had fried green tomatoes on a salad.
20 - Jonah slept through the night.
21 - He did it twice in a row. This is pretty cool. Also, ice milk at the dining hall, for old times' sake.
22 - No more sleeping through the night, but he laughed while looking at me for the first time.
23 - Bread from a local bakery.
24 - Bought a coffee table to complete our living room with adult furniture.
25 - Ginny's request for breakfast from Bodo's benefited everyone involved.
26 - After having some for dinner, we threw away the last of the turkey from Thanksgiving 2008.
27 - I drove buses in circles at work and measured the circles using chalk.
28 - New coffee table arrived!
29 - Jonah stayed awake for our entire walk around the block.
30 - I took the afternoon off to drive a bus, and Amanda and Jonah came to ride it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home