11.01.2009

Good things for October

1 - Skipped out of work early to drive a bus during the pre-U2 traffic. Saw a brand-new Unit 93 at the bus lot.
2 - Despite one of us being pregnant and the other one being a weakling, Amanda and I successfully moved all the furniture in our bedroom in preparation for painting.
3 - Completed first coat of paint. Relaxed with pizza and a movie.
4 - Completed second coat of paint and moved furniture back.
5 - Ate some of the mysterious frozen rolls that take forever to thaw.
6 - At work, I spoke on the phone to some people I had been trying to call for a while.
7 - Had dinner out with Amanda and heard a young man beatboxing on his way to the salad bar... and on his way back. Possibly a Virginia Gentleman or one of the Academical Village People.
8 - Amanda started to feel kicking, and it wasn't from me! And we watched the wedding episode of The Office.
9 - Packed for the beach.
10 - Saw the ocean for the first time in a couple years.
11 - The water was warm enough to get in and play in the waves.
12 - Sat on the beach and looked at a baby name book. And watched altogether too many home shows. And ate key lime pie with Jen and Ward.
13 - Lovely morning walk on the beach with Amanda.
14 - Amanda had a sick client, which was not good (see 19-21 below), but it meant she got home early enough for me to eat with her and take the car to choir practice, which was good, because it was cold and rainy out.
15 - Free bagel at work. From Panera. With cheese and buttery goodness. Right when I was hungry.
16 - Registered for baby stuff at the Eco Shop.
17 - Went to a cousin's wedding and had a free brownie at Chick-Fil-A. (No, I am not getting paid to mention these businesses. They were just good things.)
18 - Survived the cold at an outdoor Third Day concert downtown with Phillip and Ashley.
19 - Did two loads of laundry for my sick wife, despite starting to feel sick myself. I am so domestic.
20 - Sick days are never good, but I made it through without a headache or a sore throat, two of my least favorite symptoms.
21 - Felt mostly better and got caught up on some e-mails during the second sick day.
22 - Found everything I was looking for at CVS and Food Lion.
23 - Amanda got an Edible Arrangements.
24 - Drove a bus for a UVA football game for the first time in six years. I guess I technically got to drive three buses, since I broke two of them.
25 - Crozet Pizza with bus drivers. Amanda discovered that Fuzzibunz cloth diapers had just become available at Babies R Us.
26 - Spent the day driving around Virginia for work. Amazing leaves.
27 - Heard great stories from/reminisced with a former UVA mechanic who I happened to meet in Buckingham
28 - Looked at wood flooring options with Amanda
29 - Maybe got a decent deal on bamboo
30 - Saw a child in costume as a garden gnome on the Lawn. With full white beard and pointy hat.
31 - Bought paint for... the nursery! It still feels weird calling this room, in which I am sitting and which is an office, a nursery.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home