10.04.2009

Good things for September

1 - Got a Kit Kat from the receptionist's candy jar when I went to a meeting.
2 - Perfect weather; Amanda and I went for a walk after dinner and CROSSED the STREET. I know!
3 - Found a 1911 wheat penny in the parking lot.
4 - Ate lunch outside, and smell from the sewage treatment plant was minimal.
5 - Toured Monticello with Amanda and my parents.
6 - Went up to Carter Mountain for some peaches and a great view.
7 - Drove a bus through Grounds during four class changes (good chaos). Amanda and I debated whether to get the cream, beige, or olive/mushroom "huggy" chair, then chose one and also bought a recliner. Happy Labor Day to us!
8 - Although the weather was dreary most of the day, it turned out nice for my walk home.
9 - Sat in new chairs in the living room.
10 - Kept the window open at work most of the day, until the sewage treatment plant smell started wafting about.
11 - Read a fascinating series of articles about the master's thesis in urban planning written by one of the 9/11 terrorists. Also had dinner outside at Monsoon, watching people jaywalk.
12 - Amanda joined my Saturday work meeting and we ate the free lunch.
13 - We did some initial nesting.
14 - Learned that Gladys means "one who is lame," according to one of our baby name books.
15 - Amanda and I somehow got home at the exact same moment, even though I was riding my bike across town and Amanda was driving an hour and fifteen minutes from Churchville.
16 - Biked to choir and did not get rained on, despite a rainy forecast. And Amanda made it down the mountain safely despite a nailed tire that was losing air.
17 - The tire exploded at the tire shop, which was the best place for it to explode if it had to do that. And I left work early and had a lovely afternoon/evening getting a flu shot, looking at an exhibit about UVA, driving a bus I've been waiting to drive, and eating tasty Afghan food with my adventurous wife.
18 - Had a better-than-expected time when we stopped by the Downtown Mall with the siblings (and had a brush with celebrity when Creigh Deeds was walking by, and listened to a cool drumming circle for a while).
19 - Discovered a very nice playground in nice weather at a city park.
20 - Experienced The Lollipop Shop, a twice-a-year maternity/baby/kid consignment store/frenzy. (This is a good thing because I survived it.)
21 - At the Try Transit Week kickoff event downtown, I received a black-and-white business card on plain white paper from "Dj josh" (who apparently "Plays all the hits"). "I made it myself," he said proudly.
22 - Amanda rode along while I drove a bus!
23 - Found out that the baby is a boy and appears to have everything he should have (we even counted little skeletal fingers!).
24 - Read an article about local a political candidate and marveled that he said the following to a reporter: "I don’t know; do they mind me calling them a Negro anymore? Is that improper also?”
25 - Survived my undercover work mission as Pete Shifflett from Cow Hollow. Also enjoyed Jubilate's Variety Show in the evening.
26 - Got one of only a few tables for the Derek Webb concert, and there was free water. I don't think the artists like it when people sit instead of standing in the pit, but chairs are a blessing for pregnant women and their husbands.
27 - Helped (watched) Amanda get excellent deals on baby stuff, including a sock monkey halloween outfit that won't get used for over a year but will be really cool at some point.
28 - Finished the long-overdue post about Sojourners.
29 - Finished a long-overdue report at work.
30 - Biked past U2's ginormous stage set up in Scott Stadium for the next day's show.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home