9.02.2009

Good things for August

I am stealing this concept. I think it will help me to be more positive. So I tried to jot down a good thing for each day of August, and here they are:

August 1 - Brought Spudnuts to Phillip and Ashley's house and helped pack their stuff into a U-Haul and completely used up two Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on their walls.
August 2 - Talked with Phillip and Ashley for a while, since they were homeless for a day and spent the night at our house.
August 3 - Rode with some of Amanda's family to Waynesboro to help Phillip and Ashley move in, and got to eat Crystal's fiery Cheetos on the way.
August 4 - Had a very quiet day at work because most everybody was at a conference in Roanoke.
August 5 - Spent multiple hours driving to and from Roanoke with a work colleague I didn't know very well... I was sort of dreading this trip, but it was good conversation.
August 6 - Drove a bus and passed an undercover Public Relations ride-along. I greet people and tell them how long we'll be sitting at timestops!
August 7 - Amanda and I set up our new indoor composter.
August 8 - We shopped 'til we dropped (6 HOURS!) and actually ended up buying some of the things on our shopping list. But we didn't buy anything at the baby store... yet.
August 9 - Exercised freedom of religion (and freedom of critiquing the way they do church).
August 10 - Went to the Bartley house for Jacob's birthday dinner. Crystal asked if it was fun to make a baby. She is WAY too old to be asking things like this innocently.
August 11 - Drove a bus and did not get rained on (much).
August 12 - Enjoyed watching Amanda spend some time with a blanket up her shirt trying to see what things will be like in a few months.
August 13 - On the way to work, I watched a green walnut fall from a tree onto the street, bounce, and roll a long way down the hill slightly faster than I was walking, and I pondered the chaos of life.
August 14 - Amanda and I were very excited to open our indoor composter after it had been sealed for a week to grow the cultures. The stuff we had put in there before... it was all unrecognizable! Except for a small dried flower. But... success!
August 15 - Lovely drive along the Skyline Drive through Shenandoah National Park, with a couple short hikes. It was in the mid-70s instead of the mid-80s up there. And we saw a few black bears from a safe distance.
August 16 - We had a great guest preacher at UBC, and he (and his wife!) recognized me.
August 17 - Spent a few extra minutes at work because I was in the right place at the right time to get drafted to take a wheelchair bus to UVA to help a family that was stranded.
August 18 - Got new CTS/UTS bus guides.
August 19 - Came home early before going to drive a charter for international students.
August 20 - Toilet repair with my father-in-law.
August 21 - A rural church delivered lunch (fried fish!) to work.
August 22 - Shared a funnel cake with Amanda and a turkey leg with my dad at the 60th Annual Prince William County Fair.
August 23 - A decision-free lunch for me, since I got to taste stuff from my parents' and Amanda's plates: my own salad, a shrimp, a bite of fish, a few ribs, a few fries, and a quarter of a slider.
August 24 - Wrote a birthday card, or at least meant to.
August 25 - Took the afternoon off to drive buses in heavy traffic for the first day of classes at UVA.
August 26 - Went to the Meade Park farmer's market and came back with four gigantic peaches, flowers for Amanda, and an impulse-buy of sticky buns made with chocolate. Also, there were some kids that had fun with my bike horn, although that may not have been a "good thing" for the people near them.
August 27 - Met Amanda on the Downtown Mall for dinner.
August 28 - Played Rook (for the first time) with Todd and Amy.
August 29 - Had cheesecake in Greensboro and played (not Rook) with baby Evan, who is not a baby now.
August 30 - Church at College Park (thoughts coming soon) and lunch with friends we abandoned.
August 31 - Bodo's for Amanda's Birthday Breakfast (I have never gone out for a birthday breakfast before, and her parents had never been to Bodo's).

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 3, 2009 at 6:56 AM , Anonymous Kari said...

We made your list, too!

 
At September 3, 2009 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Yes. I tried to turn it around and make it sound like you abandoned us somehow, but it didn't work.

 
At September 3, 2009 at 7:51 PM , Anonymous Kari said...

That's because we are not the abandoning type.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home