2.01.2010

good things for January

1 - New Year's Day. Lots of "baby talk" after lunch.
2 - Went to see a movie (in a theater!) (Avatar!) and had dinner at a restaurant (local!) (downtown!). Amanda was especially nice about this day, because she wasn't enjoying either of these as much as I was.
3 - My parents came for (my birthday) lunch and a trip to the UVA Art Museum to see an exhibit on Jefferson and the architecture of the Lawn.
4 - Leftover holiday cookies from Karen at work for my birthday. And Amanda took me out for post-birthday dessert after I drove a bus.
5 - We sat down and watched some mindless TV.
6 - We skipped our homeowners' association meeting because I didn't really feel like going, and we got some things done at home instead.
7 - I could tell that the days really are getting longer. We went to Qdoba for my birthday. I got a birthday present. (It was a drawn-out birthday celebration.)
8 - One of the drivers at work was excited about a new bus service I proposed.
9 - Baby shower in Nokesville! With lots of food!
10 - Even though Amanda had a cold, she trudged along on the Architecture Tour of Monticello, which involved getting to see the normally off-limits Dome Room. This was another birthday item for me.
11 - Sent photos of houses in Charlottesville to my mom and her brothers to see if one of them was where their family lived in the 1940s before she was born.
12 - Drove a bus past the house that they lived in after that one, which was the first house my mom lived in after being born at the hospital where my son will be born.
13 - Amanda got caught up through December on her case notes; I finished listening to Three Cups of Tea.
14 - May have figured out how to use the baby carrier, although I may need to go back and get my PhD to be sure.
15 - Friday! The work week went by fast.
16 - Rearranged the nursery.
17 - Gave a driving tour of Charlottesville to some friends from NC.
18 - For the first time this year, the sun had not quite set on the walk home! Also re-rearranged the nursery.
19 - Georgia came over for dinner.
20 - Our new video camera arrived.
21 - We each got baby gifts from our supervisors at work, and both of our supervisors had gotten those gifts at the Eco Shop.
22 - They had a mini-party for me at work, I drove one person on a charter afterward, and we had dinner out after that.
23 - We were showered with gifts and love once again, this time in Earlysville. I won the game of not saying "baby" by never saying it and catching four people in the act.
24 - Watched an incredibly offensive show about circumcision and made it all the way through.
25 - Saw a flooded creek on my way to a meeting for work.
26 - Dinner at Cici's for Jesse's birthday, with a bizarre trip to Big Lots afterward.
27 - All turned out to be fine with Amanda and the baby after a trip to the hospital for some tests. The doctor even said the baby was a "rock star."
28 - Two good but very different things: I learned that a site plan I had reviewed at work was actually revised based on my changes (it was a small change, but gratifying). And Phillip and Ashley came and cooked us dinner involving chicken AND bacon.
29 - We watched a movie on the internet. We are high-tech.
30 - The baby was nice enough to stay in the womb during the latest snowstorm.
31 - We braved the snow and went to church, which was one of the only churches not cancelled, and then had lunch downtown while other people were getting cabin fever.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 2, 2010 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Kari said...

Link up to mine. We are having a good things party: January snow edition.

http://throughaglass.net/archives/2010/01/31/good-things-in-january/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home