7.02.2012

good things for June

1 - I made the right decision in driving to work (double monsoons would have made biking tough).
2 - My mom liked the spice shop, and Jonah enjoyed visiting with Grandpa and Grandma. And they brought fresh cherry pie and left the whole thing in our fridge!
3 - Dan and Alden happened to be at church for the announcement of our pastoral candidate. This announcement means the veil of secrecy can be lifted.
4 - In the morning, I kissed Amanda goodbye, after which Jonah really tried hard to kiss me on the lips. It was awkward but hilarious. We compromised by letting him kiss me on the forehead.
5 - Had a meeting in the state capitol building and walked right past the governor's mansion. I am Kind Of A Big Deal.
6 - The kids' musical at church was hilarious.
7 - Amanda had a good pregnant-lady checkup and they could hear the heartbeat.
8 - "If you can teleport, then why are we taking the bus?" "Because I LIKE BUSES!"
9 - We went to the pool in the morning and went on an adventure in the afternoon.
10 - Another pool at the church picnic. Jonah went down a little slide and let me catch him in the pool.
11 - We visited my former co-workers at JAUNT and let Jonah disrupt their afternoon.
12 - I bought a new-to-me desk chair for $5.25 to replace the one that hurts my butt bones.
13 - Amanda went shopping and got a lot of stuff we needed, including a $3 stuffed dinosaur that Jonah named Buddy.
14 - I got to learn more than I needed to about the old coach bus.
15 - I pretended to be hip in the morning by sitting outside downtown and drove the old coach bus in the evening (without hitting anything - maybe).
16 - Trouble-free brunch and reception for the new pastor.
17 - The vote to call the new pastor was unanimous, which was a relief. And Jonah got to go for a "ride" in the in-laws' new travel trailer without its wheels turning.
18 - I drove to work instead of biking so I could pick up a Relay order on the way home, and it worked out really well because there was an unexpected downpour on the way in.
19 - Brandy had her baby.
20 - Met and held the new baby. I find it hard to remember Jonah being that tiny, but he was (almost).
21 - Discussed some exciting possibilities at the bike committee meeting (left turns! where they are now prohibited!)
22 - Jonah cackled with glee for us to sing Yankee Doodle (which involved bouncing on our knees), which of course was a song he learned at Vacation Bible School.
23 - Jonah was funny (and smart) at Dylan's birthday party, refusing to play in the heat outside except when the water play table had been set up.
24 - Leisurely bike tour through a lovely historic neighborhood with my dad.
25 - Perhaps to make up for being a defiant boy most of the day, Jonah demonstrated "big hugs" and "tiny hugs."
26 - Beautiful day meant we opened windows and never ran the A/C.
27 - Lots of tasty food and desserts at church potluck. Possibly too much.
28 - We made it one whole day with the "funny-looking trains" being cleaned up without Jonah noticing.
29 - Free lunch at O'Hill, and Dean was the card-swiper.
30 - We had power after the big storm and were able to help the Bartleys take some showers.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

And by "help the Bartleys take some showers," you mean we allowed them to use our hot water, in which they showered with no assistance from us.

 
At July 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Peter said...

Yes, that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home