4.01.2012

good things for March

1 - A beautiful day to have the window open at the office.
2 - Cloudy days are nice too, because I don't have to shut the blinds.
3 - Jonah did a good job playing well with others (or at least near others) at a birthday party.
4 - I had a salad for lunch after having pizza three times in two days.
5 - Drove a car (because of the snow), a bus and a van (both after the snow melted).
6 - Pastor Search Committee meeting affirmed some things I was afraid it wouldn't affirm.
7 - Really nice day afforded an opportunity for a walk at lunch.
8 - Another nice day gave me a chance to bike to a nice neighborhood.
9 - And a third cooler but still nice day allowed for a hike in the woods.
10 - Jonah said "Grandma" and "Grandpa" to their faces.
11 - Possibly (fingers crossed) fixed the dryer without taking it apart.
12 - Squeezed in a tiny bit of bus driving during the workday.
13 - Ate some bacon
14 - Got caught up on some podcast listening on the drive to Norfolk for a freight conference
15 - Harbor/port tour on a boat
16 - Romantic getaway to Staunton, featuring a live play at a bargain price and other deals.
17 - Test-drove a Mazda5. Also, bacon for breakfast for the third day in a row.
18 - Found an entree at the Mexican restaurant that was both tasty and vegetarian (which made it seem almost healthy, making up for the bacon).
19 - Good news. My bike tire lasted all day after being a little low in the morning.
20 - I did not have to go anywhere on my bike.
21 - Amanda went above and beyond to help resolve the bike thing.
22 - Ashley joined us for dinner, even though we were just having leftovers.
23 - Another weekend begins.
24 - I was inside a hip coffeehouse like a hipster. (We were there for The Very Hungry Caterpillar storytime.)
25 - I was productive while Amanda went shopping for deals.
26 - Amanda and Jonah joined me for a pizza dinner followed by a big old meeting.
27 - Got to be my most lazy by driving a bus and getting off where I could ride downhill to work.
28 - The MPO director I'd been trying to reach for three and a half weeks called me back!
29 - Hung out with big shots and had free lunch at a pat-ourselves-on-the-back "research summit."
30 - Friday night on the downtown mall with hamburgers and frozen yogurt.
31 - I fought valiantly for eternal bus glory (and did not back into a tree) in the morning, and Jonah cleaned up at the egg hunt (with over three dozen eggs) in the afternoon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home