1.01.2011

Good things for December (ghostwriter)

Early December was busy and crazy and full of so many good things that I was going to take December off. Instead of keeping track of good things, I was just going to enjoy the season. Which is what I did. Without my knowledge, Amanda kept a list secretly and presented it to me this morning. I love being married to someone who knows all my good things. So, without further ado:

1 - Madrigal Dinner put on by Jubilate. A couple of good songs by PDQ Bach.
2 - Used our new DVR to watch a TV show a couple of minutes after it had started.
3 - Went to Greensboro to visit friends. Bought the first bag of kettle corn from a street vendor preparing for a festival. Mmm...kettle corn.
4 - Snow! We were checking out Amanda's uncle's new house in Pleasant Garden when it started snowing. The first flakes were so intricate.
5 - Church at College Park.
6 - Someone I work with brought Jonah a riding caterpillar that her twin daughters have outgrown.
7 - Finally brought our new-to-us set of drawers upstairs to our closet.
8 - Was gone for 12.5 hours and did not get a headache.
9 - Managed to create a block so that I could drive a bus on Saturday.
10 - Found this: http://www.masguapo.com/. It is locally-made and makes me happy.
11 - Had a productive morning: drove bus, shopped, choir rehearsal. Then went swimming in the afternoon.
12 - Christmas choir performance at church and a visit from my parents. Also, Jonah took a 2-hour nap, which is always a good thing.
13 - Made macaroni and cheese from scratch, which included using up an expired bag of Wacky Mac.
14 - Ashley took me to and from my chiropractor appointment (since we just happened to have appointments at the same time) and then dinner with Phillip and Ashley (and Amanda and Jonah).
15 - Perk of having a mechanic for a brother-in-law: Phillip brought his code scanner by and read the code on our Check Engine light.
16 - Snow!
17 - Retirement party for a co-worker. He was actually there for the party, instead of being like the last person who retired and left before a party could be had.
18 - Productive Saturday of Christmas letter writing, Christmas gift shopping, and socializing with our neighbors and their friends.
19 - Got to sit with Amanda in church, then had a chili lunch and went Christmas caroling.
20 - Yummy Thai food for dinner. Drove a bus for the basketball game.
21 - Jonah only woke up once in the middle of the night.
22 - Short day at work! Took off early to head to my parents' house for Christmas.
23 - Jonah's first "fake Christmas." He got pretty good at unwrapping presents.
24 - Sibling gift-exchange at the Bartleys' in which I negotiated and ended up with an awesome gift of root beer, yummy doritos and grasshopper cookies.
25 - Jonah's first "real Christmas." Lots of presents and joy.
26 - Unexpected free afternoon at home. We were able to install our last baby gate, using a dremel.
27 - Got a head start on using my birthday coupons from restaurants. Progressive dinner after driving a bus!
28 - Amanda washed the baby dishes, so that I wouldn't have to. I don't like washing all of those little things.
29 - Came home to freshly-baked bread.
30 - Did not catch our kitchen on fire while making funnel cake with Todd and Dustin.
31 - Played Band Hero with Amanda's family while waiting for the beginning of 2011.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home