5.23.2006

Interviews

Today's big excitement was that I had another job interview. It was a phone interview, and I think it went well. I actually prepared a little more for this one than for the in-person one I had last Monday, which could be part of the reason why it went well, or it could be that I had the ability to drink water during the interview and that it didn't last for two hours.

I also followed some of the instructions on my handy-dandy Interview Overview from the Terry Sanford Institute of Public Policy at Duke University. Yes, the Department of City and Regional Planning at UNC-Chapel Hill brings in a career services person from Duke. It sounds weird, but she's an alumna of our department and just works at Duke. I managed to find the handout last night while trying to purge my files in preparation for our move, and it has a section about telephone interviews! I dressed up in my suit, as I would have for an in-person interview, and set up a chair to represent the interviewer. It was sort of silly.

AND I found out why I got the technology award. It was for my work as a TA of the Development Impact Assessment class, back in second semester of first year. The professor admitted that he nominated me, and it was good that he admitted it, because I was quite mystified. It was nice of him to do that, though; the "awards" section of my resume had been a little thin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home